[Dovecot] hardlinks deliver not work

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 8 16:46:51 EEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 07:30 +0200, Arnaud Yonnet wrote:

> hum I have one more question,
> i create the script for replace dovecot deliver. it's work .cool :)
> but if it's crash for many raison, for exemple the hard disk full,
> Postfix Bounce the mail.

If hard disk is full, deliver should return EX_TEMPFAIL, not crash.

> I changed the code error in my script but nothing.

The error code should be EX_TEMPFAIL = 75, Postfix bounces anything
else.

> this my script it's not finish

I'm not too good with Perl, but:

>                  system("/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -p $Mail -d $Recepient");
>                  if ( $? == -1 )
>                  {
>                          print "command failed: $!\n";
>                  }
>                  else
>                  {
>                          printf "command exited with value %d", $? >> 8;
>                  }
>          }
> }

It prints the $? but doesn't forward the exit error code.. Of course, if
only some deliveries fail but others don't, it becomes problematic! I
think in such situation you should return success, and re-send the
failed messages via sendmail.

All of this would be much easier and more robust with v2.0 and LMTP.