[Dovecot] Re-downloading mails after migrate server

Esther Yébenes --Conzentra-- esther.yebenes at conzentra.com
Thu Apr 28 13:43:31 EEST 2011

Hi all,

first of all, I must say that I am pretty new to mailing lists, so
please, if I do something wrong, just tell me.

Now, my problem.
I'm migrating a mail service from a temporal to a definitive server.
Both servers have the same versions (Postfix, Dovecot -1.0.7, POP3 &
IMAP services-, MySQL) and it all works perfectly.
The only problem is with the users that store their mail on the server;
on the testing, when I check if there is new mail, I download the mail
stored on the new server once more. After that, it works correctly (no
more unwanted downloads), but I need to avoid that first download.

I have been investigating before writing to the list. I have checked
that UIDL are the same on both servers, and the configuration is exactly
the same except for the name of the server; I have seen in few places
that it may be the cause for downloading thdovecote mail again, so I
changed the name of the new server to the old's one, but it happened again.

I know that lots of servers are migrated every day, and never heard
about those problems, so I suppose it must be a solution for this, or
maybe a better way to configure the servers.

If you wanna take a look at the configuration of both servers, I have
pasted them on here --> http://pastebin.ca/2051228

Please, let me now if you need any more information.

Thanks in advance
--

Esther Yébenes
esther.yebenes at conzentra.com <mailto:esther.yebenes at conzentra.com>