[Dovecot] Corrupted index cache file and high CPU usage

hydra hydrapolic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 19:08:02 EET 2011

Selinux wasn't running.

I can reproduce the problem with this setup:

- restore the maildir with the broken index.cache
- run `/usr/bin/doveadm -D expunge -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 1w` in an
infinite loop
- use horde webmail to access the mail with IMAP
- randomly display messages

I could reproduce the problem on:
Linux-2.6.37-hardened-r7
Linux-2.6.39-hardened-r8
Linux-3.0.4-hardened-r5
Linux-3.0.6-gentoo
Linux-3.1.4-gentoo

However I failed to reproduce the problem on:
Linux-2.6.36-hardened-r9

So it seems it was introduced in 2.6.37. I'm going to inspect it later on.
By wishing you a God blessed merry Christmas I thank you for the support ;)