[Dovecot] mbox, hierarchical folders/folders and IMAP

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon Dec 26 09:48:32 EET 2011

On 12/26/2011 12:43 AM, Alexander Chekalin wrote:
> Hello Stan,
>
> thank you for your care, the answer was pretty simple, and yes you're
> right, I'd better read the docs before:
>
> I tried to create folder named like 'Old Mail' (and in fact I got
> another mbox container), while I needed to create 'Old Mail/' (note the
> slash), which results in real filesystem directory.

Oh wow, that is simple.  And makes perfect sense.  Before my last reply
I read the php IMAP command set definitions/parameters and I didn't see
anything about how to do this, which is an odd omission in
documentation.  I guess so few people use mbox these days they omit that
case from the docs.  I hit three different sources and none of them
mentioned the trailing slash for creating 'sub-folders-only' folders...

> Thanks for your time anyway!

You're welcome.  Sorry I didn't get you the answer, but I'm glad you
were able to figure it out on your own.

--
Stan