[Dovecot] dovecot: imap-login: Error: net_connect_unix(imap) failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 1 18:40:27 EET 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 11:31 -0500, Kurt Hockenbury wrote:

> dovecot: imap-login: Error: net_connect_unix(imap) failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
> imap-login: Internal login failure (auth failed, 1 attempts)

I did a lot of fixes related to this and since I haven't heard of it
happening for a while now with latest 2.0.x versions, I think I managed
to fix it..

> # 2.0.beta6 (3156315704ef): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

Unfortunately RHEL6 was frozen early during v2.0 development before all
the bugs were fixed. RHEL6.1's Dovecot is hopefully a pretty good one.
Until then, I'm not sure what you can do to avoid the above problem,
other than upgrade to a newer v2.0. You could try if this helps:

service imap {
  process_min_avail = 12
}