[Dovecot] override not working

Paul A razor at meganet.net
Tue Feb 1 18:59:11 EET 2011

Hi, I'm using  dovecot 2.x and I'm using override so that only certain
domains are allowed to use ACLs, however it does seem to be working even
though I see the mail_plugins override in the logs.

In the config file I have

protocol imap {
                mail_plugins = quota imap_quota trash expire autocreate
                       }

Using the following password/user queries:

password_query = SELECT username as user, password,
if('%d'='virttest2.xxx.net', 'acl imap_acl',null) as mail_plugins,
concat('/var/vmail/%d/', maildir) as userdb_home,
concat('maildir:/var/vmail/%d/', maildir) as userdb_mail, 101 as userdb_uid,
502 as userdb_gid, CONCAT('*:bytes=', CAST(quota AS CHAR)) AS quota_rule
FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u'

user_query = SELECT maildir, if('%d'='virttest2.xxx.net', 'acl
imap_acl',null) as mail_plugins, 101 AS uid, 502 AS gid, CONCAT('*:bytes=',
CAST(quota AS CHAR)) AS quota_rule FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND
active = '1'

Now in n the log I do see the mail_plugins override but for some reason I
get an IMAP error when trying to share folders.

out: OK    1       user=user20 at virttest2.xxx.net       mail_plugins=acl
imap_acl       quota_rule=*:bytes=512000000

ERROR:
IMAP server does not support the ACL capability, sorry.