[Dovecot] UIDPLUS in the wiki

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 2 17:42:40 EET 2011

On 2.2.2011, at 17.33, David Klann wrote:

>> Something should be done about the Feat* pages. My vote would be to
>> just remove them. Maybe make one single page listing everything and
>> have those items link to their configuration pages in wiki (rather
>> than separate Feat* pages). But what items should be listed
>> anyway?.. Anyone want to start cleaning those up (e.g. to
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Features)?
>
> I volunteer to consolidate these pages (I count 18 of them on each of
> the 1.x and the 2.0 wikis) into a single "Features" page. Can the
> contents of the 1.x wiki be easily copied to the same page on the
> wiki2 site? Might take a week or so, but it looks like these pages
> don't change often.

What do you mean? The Feat* pages are already in wiki2 and they're the same as in wiki1. I don't think the wiki1 pages really need to be touched, since wiki2 is the future. :) I also wouldn't worry much about the contents of the Feat* subpages themselves, since they're mostly one liners or out of date. So I can just delete them later.

> There is alredy a DovecotFeatures page. Should this be a separate
> page? I think so, and DovecotFeatures should probably link to this new
> page.

That page is also out of date and it contains a lot of really specific information that I don't think belongs there. The "About Dovecot" looks like it's (mostly) copy&pasted from an old dovecot.org main page, which was rewritten for a reason.. I don't much like having duplicate information all around, it just makes it easier to get out of date when it's forgotten about, and even when not forgotten about it's more work to keep updating it.