[Dovecot] maildrop and multi-dbox

Manfred Lotz manfred.lotz at arcor.de
Sun Feb 6 11:36:29 EET 2011

Hi there,
I'm using Dovecot 2.0.9-1 under Arch Linux.

Currently, I have Maildir configured, and I move all my emails into
dovecot by using this sequence:

1) cron starts fetchmail periodically under user manfred to collect my
mails from various email accounts.
2) In ~/.fetchmailrc I have configured /usr/bin/maildrop as MDA.
3) In ~/.mailfilter (used by maildrop) I have extensive filtering in
place and call bogofilter (by using xfilter) to classify spam mails.

This works fine so far. Now I'd like to migrate to dovecot's new format
multi-dbox.

My question now: Is it correct that then I cannot longer use
maildrop and would need to switch do dovecot-lda?

--
Thanks,
Manfred