[Dovecot] Permissions in shared folders

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Wed Feb 9 00:20:14 EET 2011

Dear Timo,

Thank you for your advice!

Am 08.02.2011 18:39, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On 8.2.2011, at 12.33, Lukas Haase wrote:
>
>> namespace public {
>> 	separator = .
>> 	prefix = Shared.
>> 	location = maildir:/var/mail/shared:CONTROL=~/Maildir/shared
>
> location = maildir:/var/mail/shared:INDEX=~/Maildir/shared

Why? According to the Wiki, CONTROL is used for example for the
subscriptions (I can not use "subscriptions=no" because my private
namespace is "INDEX." and not empty) and therefore I use it.

Furthermore, according to the Wiki, INDEX can be omitted if all users
have write permissions because this way the index file is shared among
all users.

However, I can also set CONTROL *and* INDEX. I think there is nothing
wrong about it, isn't it?

> [...]
> location = maildir:/var/mail/shared:INDEX=~/Maildir/shared:LAYOUT=fs

Wooow, great! Thank you very much!
I found very few documentation (although it is mentioned in the Wiki) on
it so I think that is the reason why I did not know it.

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Luke