[Dovecot] Dovecot + Solr does not index without break-imap-search?

Jose Álvaro Domínguez Díaz adominguez at yaco.es
Wed Feb 9 15:12:54 EET 2011

Hi folks,

We are working with Dovecot 2.0.9 with Solr support and there is a
thing, a little strange for us. Let me explain.

We have this conf for Solr:
   plugin {
      fts = solr
      fts_solr =   url=http:// solr.domain:8983/solr/ break-imap-search
      quota = maildir
   }

With 'break-imap-search', Dovecot connects with solr, solr indexes all,
searchs are fast and all works fine. BUT if we don't add
'break-imap-search', solr doesn't index anything.

Logs don't report errors with debug/verbose options enabled. Somebody
has any idea about this?. Thank you very much for all.

Regards.

--
Jose Álvaro Domínguez
adominguez at yaco.es