[Dovecot] pop3 index virtual question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 10 01:07:48 EET 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 21:30 +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Debug: maildir++: root=/etc/dovecot/virtual,
> index=/usr/local/virtual/domain.com/user at domain.com//virtual, control=,
> inbox=
>
> at my setup
>
> the double slash might not hurt , but how setup to avoid it?

I guess your home directory ends with '/'.

>  it would work really badly
>
> ??? didnt understand this please explain

If you put a virtual mailbox's INDEX file into a directory shared by all
users, then first user fills it with the user's own mailbox data. The
second user who accesses it notices that it's all wrong and replaces
with that user's own mailbox data. And so on.