[Dovecot] pop3 index virtual question

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Feb 10 01:32:08 EET 2011

Am 10.02.2011 00:07, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 21:30 +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>
>> Debug: maildir++: root=/etc/dovecot/virtual,
>> index=/usr/local/virtual/domain.com/user at domain.com//virtual, control=,
>> inbox=
>>
>> at my setup
>>
>> the double slash might not hurt , but how setup to avoid it?
>
> I guess your home directory ends with '/'.

yes
its created by postfixadmin in mysql that way
didnt hurt with anything yet
for sure i could split away  last slash in  query
but for now it only looks like cosmetical
problem, would you agree or are you seeing any major problems in future
with that ?

>>  it would work really badly
>>
>> ??? didnt understand this please explain
>
> If you put a virtual mailbox's INDEX file into a directory shared by all
> users, then first user fills it with the user's own mailbox data. The
> second user who accesses it notices that it's all wrong and replaces
> with that user's own mailbox data. And so on.

ok thats what i thought

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer