[Dovecot] Access rights after dsync

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 10 03:08:05 EET 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 19:26 -0500, Joan Moreau wrote:

> It looks like the access rights are not correctly preserved
> after a dsync
>
> I have rwXr-X-- from my original folder (which is right)
>

> I have rwXrwXrwX in the "mirrored" fodler (which is very wrong)
>
> Not
> sure what cause this, but it looks like a bug

Have you figured it out? dsync (like Dovecot in general) anyway takes
the permissions for new folders from the mail root directory. So if new
folder is going to be in ~/Maildir/.foo/ and it doesn't exist, its
permissions are taken from ~/Maildir. If ~/Maildir doesn't exist either,
its permissions are set to 0700.