[Dovecot] LDAP quota groups

ian+dovecot at comtek.co.uk ian+dovecot at comtek.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 03:08:58 EET 2011

Is there any way to have a per-LDAP-group quota? The OpenLDAP folk's
suggestions are to hack the source for an overlay (ideal, but it looks
somewhat involved) or to do it at the application (Dovecot).

I've added an LDAP userattr 'quotaMegaBytes' which is great for allowing
me to override the server's default quota on a per-user basis, but
ideally I'd be able to override the quota only for people who are member
of a certain LDAP group.

Perhaps I could override it for IMAP sessions with a postlogin script,
but I can't see any way to apply it to deliver.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ian