[Dovecot] lmtp logging to separate file

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 09:46:56 EET 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 23:27:45 +0200
Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 15:27 +0200, Nikita Koshikov wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > Testing lmtp deliver I can't constrain it to log all activity to separate file, like dovecot-lda does. Here is config:
>
> LMTP processes are started by dovecot master process, so it logs through
> it. But you can avoid this with:
>
> service lmtp {
>   executable = lmtp -L
> }

This works, thank you.

Quick src code view gave more lmtp params, can you tell what is relevant command line keys for this options and maybe comment some of them? wiki2 still lacks all this info.

MAIL_STORAGE_SERVICE_FLAG_DISALLOW_ROOT |
MAIL_STORAGE_SERVICE_FLAG_USERDB_LOOKUP |
MAIL_STORAGE_SERVICE_FLAG_TEMP_PRIV_DROP |
MAIL_STORAGE_SERVICE_FLAG_NO_LOG_INIT |
MAIL_STORAGE_SERVICE_FLAG_NO_IDLE_TIMEOUT;