[Dovecot] Regenerating mdbox/sis

dmiller at amfes.com dmiller at amfes.com
Wed Feb 16 02:35:47 EET 2011

It's apparent I have some level of corruption in my mailboxes -
something to do with the combination of mdbox, sis, and zlib. I should
note that I know I have a mix of compressed and raw messages - if that
makes any difference in identifying the problems.

I think I need to
somehow regenerate the mailboxes with issues. Is there a suggestion for
how to accomplish this? Should I perhaps use dsync to shift to a
temporary mail location and then rename it back?

If I DO use dsync in
this manner, and I have zlib enabled - will this then compress all the
messages in the new mail storage?

--

Daniel