[Dovecot] Evolution IMAP with Dovecot as proxy

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 17 11:04:06 EET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 18:28 +0100, Antonio Perez-Aranda wrote:

> At present, the problem is that with Thunderbird and other clients,
> The client run as normal. But Evolution can't get new messages or
> Suscription list.
>
> Capabilities on Courier and Dovecot are differents, but when a
> connection is proxied to Courier, Courier print the Capabilitites.

Even though capabilities are sent to client on login, there's no
guarantee that the client actually uses them. I think Evolution might be
one of the clients that just ignores any updated capabilities.

What capabilities before login does Dovecot report? Have you set
imap_capability setting? Maybe the problem is that Dovecot has LITERAL+
capability, which Courier doesn't support, and Evolution doesn't realize
that it won't work after login. Try setting:

imap_capability = IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE