[Dovecot] Evolution IMAP with Dovecot as proxy

Antonio Perez-Aranda aperezaranda at yaco.es
Thu Feb 17 12:41:33 EET 2011

Well, I can add I18NLEVEL and appear run as normal.

But the problem is that:

If I do login on non migrated user:

Trying 192.168.x.x ...
Connected to kvm2.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
NAMESPACE I18NLEVEL=1 STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
. login testuser1 1234
. OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE] LOGIN Ok.
. logout
* BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
. OK LOGOUT completed

If do login on a really migrated user:

Trying 192.168.x.x ...
Connected to kvm2.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
NAMESPACE I18NLEVEL=1 STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
. login testuser1 1234
. OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
NAMESPACE I18NLEVEL=1 QUOTA] Logged in
. logout
* BYE Logging out
. OK Logout completed.

Well, the at the imap with no proxy or modified capabilitys show this:

. OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1
CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH
LIST-STATUS QUOTA] Logged in

Well, I set imap_capability = value1 value2 then we loose search,
lists, context and many others.

--
Antonio Pérez-Aranda Alcaide
aperezaranda at yaco.es