[Dovecot] Evolution IMAP with Dovecot as proxy

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 17 12:50:43 EET 2011

On 17.2.2011, at 12.41, Antonio Perez-Aranda wrote:

> If I do login on non migrated user:
>
> Trying 192.168.x.x ...
> Connected to kvm2.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
> NAMESPACE I18NLEVEL=1 STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
> . login testuser1 1234
> . OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE] LOGIN Ok.
> . logout
> * BYE Courier-IMAP server shutting down
> . OK LOGOUT completed

So this is correct.

> If do login on a really migrated user:
>
> Trying 192.168.x.x ...
> Connected to kvm2.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
> NAMESPACE I18NLEVEL=1 STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
> . login testuser1 1234
> . OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE
> NAMESPACE I18NLEVEL=1 QUOTA] Logged in
> . logout
> * BYE Logging out
> . OK Logout completed.

The second capability comes from the remote Dovecot server. Did you change imap_capability there too? It should have been necessary only in the proxy. Or is the proxy the same server as the destination Dovecot server? If so, I guess you'll have to run two Dovecot installations until the proxying is done .. or patch the sources so imap_capability is used only by imap-login, not imap.