[Dovecot] Problem with expire plugin and expunge

Christoph Pleger Christoph at plmail.de
Sat Feb 19 11:10:31 EET 2011

Hello,

I am running dovecot 2.0.9 with expire plugin, using the sqlite backend. The
following command is executed every day by cron:

doveadm expunge -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 30d

I started to use the expire plugin about one month ago. Since then,
using "doveadm search -A mailbox Trash savedbefore <days>" with different
values for <days>, I could see every day how the messages were getting older.
Yesterday was the first time that the expression "savedbefore 30d" became
true for the oldest messages in the Trash mailbox and these messages were
actually deleted from Trash. But today, all messages that were not deleted
yesterday are new to "doveadm search", that means that "doveadm search -A
mailbox Trash savedbefore 0d" shows all messages from Trash, but "doveadm
search -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 1d" shows no messages from Trash, though
during the last month I moved messages to Trash every day.

Best Regards
  Christoph