[Dovecot] Problem with expire plugin and expunge

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 22 11:07:40 EET 2011

On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 10:10 +0100, Christoph Pleger wrote:

> I started to use the expire plugin about one month ago. Since then,
> using "doveadm search -A mailbox Trash savedbefore <days>" with different
> values for <days>, I could see every day how the messages were getting older.
> Yesterday was the first time that the expression "savedbefore 30d" became
> true for the oldest messages in the Trash mailbox and these messages were
> actually deleted from Trash. But today, all messages that were not deleted
> yesterday are new to "doveadm search", that means that "doveadm search -A
> mailbox Trash savedbefore 0d" shows all messages from Trash, but "doveadm
> search -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 1d" shows no messages from Trash, though
> during the last month I moved messages to Trash every day.

Are the timestamps wrong in the database? They should contain the
timestamp of the oldest save-date of message in the mailbox.

Also check that the save-dates are as expected in the mailbox itself:

doveadm fetch -u user at domain date.saved mailbox Trash 1

And finally, I added some more helpful error and debug logging (which
you'll get with doveadm -D):
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/raw-rev/9862e8388a1c