[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2, problem with SQL quota and mail aliases

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 22 11:28:01 EET 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 14:10 +0100, Jacek Osiecki wrote:

> And my question is: what is used as "username"? Always the username given
> wher user logs in? Is there a way to provide some dictionary to translate
> all aliases to the real username?

Username should uniquely identify the user's mailbox. Since the mails
for john@ and john.smith@ are being delivered to the same directory, I
guess you already have some kind of a mapping telling this to Dovecot..

Basically you just need to standardize the username to either one of
them and have password_query and user_query return "user" field for that
username.