[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2, problem with SQL quota and mail aliases

Jacek Osiecki joshua at hybrid.pl
Tue Feb 22 14:32:06 EET 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 14:10 +0100, Jacek Osiecki wrote:
>> And my question is: what is used as "username"? Always the username given
>> wher user logs in? Is there a way to provide some dictionary to translate
>> all aliases to the real username?
> Username should uniquely identify the user's mailbox. Since the mails
> for john@ and john.smith@ are being delivered to the same directory, I
> guess you already have some kind of a mapping telling this to Dovecot..

Yes, user_query returns mail, uid, gid, system_user, quota_rule, home -
always the same for any kind of alias (user alias, domain alias).

> Basically you just need to standardize the username to either one of
> them and have password_query and user_query return "user" field for that
> username.

OK, I've added "user" to both queries. I've checked - and yes, it works
perfectly now :) Thank you!

By the way:

Best regards,
--
Jacek Osiecki joshua at ceti.pl GG:3828944
I don't want something I need. I want something I want.