[Dovecot] Quotas from LDAP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 23 00:22:10 EET 2011

On 23.2.2011, at 0.17, Sven Hartge wrote:

> user_attrs = homeDirectory=home,quotaBytes=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$
>
> get the quota from LDAP into dovecot? What are the LDAP attributes used

quotaBytes is the LDAP attribute name which contains the quota limit in bytes.

> and what does %$ mean?

It's the value of quotaBytes LDAP attribute. So the idea is that you have:

ldap-attribute-name=dovecot-setting-name=dovecot-setting-value

In some future version hopefully I'll make this simpler.

> It is not in the variable list at
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Variables

Yeah, it only works for LDAP, it's not a generic variable.