[Dovecot] Quotas from LDAP

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Wed Feb 23 00:38:22 EET 2011

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 23.2.2011, at 0.17, Sven Hartge wrote:

>> user_attrs = homeDirectory=home,quotaBytes=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$
>>
>> get the quota from LDAP into dovecot? What are the LDAP attributes used

> quotaBytes is the LDAP attribute name which contains the quota limit in bytes.

Argh. I _knew_ it. It was too simple ;)

>> and what does %$ mean?

> It's the value of quotaBytes LDAP attribute. So the idea is that you have:

> ldap-attribute-name=dovecot-setting-name=dovecot-setting-value

So, %$ ist always the value of the referenced attribute? What if there
are multiple values, by accident or by design?

>From the above I read, I can not have the storage size _and_ the max
number of message in two LDAP attributes, right? Because I cannot import
two different attributes into the same dovecot-setting-name.

This would have to look like

 user_attrs =  homeDirectory=home,quotaBytes,quotaMessages=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$:messages=%$

which of course does not work (I think).

> In some future version hopefully I'll make this simpler.

Yeah, the current "backward" notation is mighty confusing, at least for
me.

I would have expected something like

 user_attrs = home=homeDirectory,quota_rule=*:bytes=quotaBytes

or

user_attrs = home=homeDirectory,quota_rule=quotaRule

(if I have the complete quota_rule in an attribute instead of just the
number)

Grüße,
Sven

--