[Dovecot] Sieve rule issue with certain character sets

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jan 1 13:21:34 EET 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 11:35 +0100, Stephan Bosch wrote:

> To: "=?UTF-8?B?ImJpbmQtdXNlcnNAbGlzdHMuaXNjLm9yZyI=?="
>         <bind-users at lists.isc.org>

I think this is a valid address..

> If those quotes are really supposed to be part of the 'phrase' part of
> the e-mail address, I think those should have been escaped somehow. I
> don't think that encoding can be an alternative for that. Timo, any
> thoughts?

I think we need to change the parsing code here. Don't use
mail_get_first_header_utf8() or mail_get_headers_utf8() if you intend to
parse the value. First parse the addresses, then convert the
display-names to UTF8 if necessary. I'll change the sorting code to do
this too.