[Dovecot] lmtp (xxx at mydomain.yy): Error: user xxx at mydomain.yy: Initialization failed: Namespace '': mbox: mbox requires client_limit=1 for service

G.Nau b404_r66 at yahoo.de
Sun Jan 2 22:08:01 EET 2011

new Dovecot 2.0.8 installation on Opensuse 11.3
I got the error "lmtp (xxx at mydomain.yy): Error: user xxx at mydomain.yy:
Initialization failed: Namespace '': mbox: mbox requires client_limit=1
for service" while trying to transfer mails by lmtp from postfix to dovecot.
I googled and looked on the dovecot wiki about this client_limit issue,
but no success.
What's the syntax of the client_limit and where to place it? Into which
config file? Inside the global namespace doesn't seems to work (error on
dovecot start).
-What's the side effect of this setting to my IMAP clients? Are multiple
imap connections to the same mailbox still possible?

Regards
Birte Nauer