[Dovecot] Courier-mta with Dovecot LDA again

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Jan 4 12:28:44 EET 2011

Op 4-1-2011 11:12, komodo schreef:
> I have setup dovecot lda instead of maildrop on my courier server.
> Delivery is working, sieve plugin too, but i can't figure out why lda can't send emails via sendmail
> (vacation).
>
> I always get error
>
> Error: Sendmail process terminated abnormally, exit status 67
>
> And i know why, but i don't know how to setup lda to make it work .
The problem details should be logged somewhere by the sendmail process.
The above error is produced by LDA and tells me little about the problem
itself. Does executing sendmail manually even work?

> Here is some output of strace
>
> execve("/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver", ["/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver", "-a", "komodo at somedomain",
> "-f", "someuser at somedomain"], [/* 22 vars */]) = 0
>
> So it's clear that deliver have those variables, but then i can see this
>
> execve("/usr/sbin/sendmail", ["/usr/sbin/sendmail", "-i", "-f", "<>", "--", "someuser at somedomain"],
> [/* 2 vars */]<unfinished ...>
>
> And there is empty -f , so here is the problem.
I am not convinced that this is the problem. This looks like a valid
rejection or vacation notification mail being sent out, probably from
Sieve; notice that the original sender is specified as recipient and
that the new sender is empty, indicating an automated message. So, what
caused this message to be sent out? It is definitely not a redirect.

Regards,

Stephan.