[Dovecot] Courier-mta with Dovecot LDA again

komodo komodo at uvt.cz
Tue Jan 4 12:43:06 EET 2011

> > Here is some output of strace
> >
> > execve("/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver", ["/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver",
> > "-a", "komodo at somedomain", "-f", "someuser at somedomain"], [/* 22 vars
> > */]) = 0
> >
> > So it's clear that deliver have those variables, but then i can see this
> >
> > execve("/usr/sbin/sendmail", ["/usr/sbin/sendmail", "-i", "-f", "<>",
> > "--", "someuser at somedomain"], [/* 2 vars */]<unfinished ...>
> >
> > And there is empty -f , so here is the problem.
>
> I am not convinced that this is the problem. This looks like a valid
> rejection or vacation notification mail being sent out, probably from
> Sieve; notice that the original sender is specified as recipient and
> that the new sender is empty, indicating an automated message. So, what
> caused this message to be sent out? It is definitely not a redirect.

Thanks for the answer, but this must be the problem, because when i run sendmail from command line
(exactly like in the strace output)

[root at OVZ.mail ~]# /usr/sbin/sendmail -i -f <>  -- komodo at domain.com
511 Headers specify no receipients.
sendmail: Unable to submit message.
[root at OVZ.mail ~]# echo $?
67

And there is exactly return code 67 as reported by LDA

Regards

Martin