[Dovecot] Vpopmail + Expire Plugin

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 4 12:58:11 EET 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 11:46 +0100, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> One of the reasons why I switched to dovecot was the expire plugin and
> right now I'm trying to set it up but I don't get it to run.

So you have thousands of users to make expire plugin useful?

> I've read that doveadm -A must work to get the expire plugin workinj,
> but it does not:
>
>    # doveadm search -A mailbox INBOX subject test
>    doveadm(olivleh1): Error: User listing returned failure
>    doveadm: Error: Failed to iterate through some users

This won't work with userdb vpopmail. I'm not sure if vpopmail API
allows for a way to list all users. (I see there's a way to list one
domain's users.)

You could switch from userdb vpopmail to accessing vpopmail's sql(?)
database directly with userdb sql.

> When using doveadm I'm getting a strange error:
>    # doveadm -v expire -A mailbox INBOX subject test

doveadm expunge, not doveadm expire.