[Dovecot] Vpopmail + Expire Plugin

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Tue Jan 4 13:51:24 EET 2011

Hi Timo,

thanks for your reply.

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 11:46 +0100, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
>
>> One of the reasons why I switched to dovecot was the expire plugin and
>> right now I'm trying to set it up but I don't get it to run.
>
> So you have thousands of users to make expire plugin useful?

Nope - just me but I want an automatic deletion of old mailinglist
emails which I don't want to do manually and I definitly do not like
find -exec rm solutions.
Are there other ways for deleting old emails instead of expire?

> You could switch from userdb vpopmail to accessing vpopmail's sql(?)
> database directly with userdb sql.

I don't have vpopmail running with SQL - I'm using the vpopmail internal
userdatabase.

>> When using doveadm I'm getting a strange error:
>>    # doveadm -v expire -A mailbox INBOX subject test
>
> doveadm expunge, not doveadm expire.

Ok - point granted but still - dovecot does not fill the expires
table in my database on a mail arrival which would be the first
step at all before starting with doveadm, or?