[Dovecot] dovecot + sendmail, what LDA setup?

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Wed Jan 5 09:30:30 EET 2011

David Cake <dave at difference.com.au> wrote:
> 	I have an existing setup with sendmail, dovecot, on debian.
> 	 I want to move LDA and move from using mbox to using
> Maildir. I have only 'real' users and aliases, no virtual users.
> 	What is a recommended, trouble free, LDA setup? procmail is of
> course on possibility, but I'd be unlikely ever to use any of its
> advanced features, just simple local mail delivery. I'd like to use
> deliver, but most of the dovecot as LDA sample configs I have seen
> seem to assume I am using it for virtual users.
> 	Advice? Pointers to a simple working setup for sendmail,
> dovecot, Maildir?
> 	Cheers
> 		David

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sendmail [third line is not necessary IMHO]:

  Another method of doing the above is by editing your hostname.mc with
  the following three lines:
  FEATURE(`local_procmail', `/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver',`/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $u')
  MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `-f')

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to
stick to one thing till it gets there.
  -- Josh Billings