[Dovecot] can not receive external emails

Daminto Lie dlie76 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 9 05:43:54 EET 2011

Hi,

I am new to Dovecot. Recently I have got a new server running on Ubuntu Server
10.04 with Postfix, Dovecot (for IMAP) and Squirrelmail. During the test, I was
able to send & receive emails internally, and can send emails externally.
However, I got a problem when it comes to receiving emails externally. The
emails I sent from yahoo never arrived to my local inbox.

Anyway, I checked the mail.log and found the following
dovecot: auth-worker(default): dovecot-auth:  /usr/locallib/liblber-2.4.so.2" no
version information available (required by dovecot-auth)
dovecot: auth-worker(default): dovecot-auth:   /usr/locallib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2"
no version information available  (required by dovecot-auth)

dovecot: auth-worker(default): dovecot-auth:   /usr/locallib/libldap-r-2.4.so.2"
no version information available  (required by /usr/lib/libpq.so.5)

I was wondering if anyone might be kind to explain the above error messages and
how to work around this so that it could send/receive emails coming from
external mail server.

Thank you in advance