[Dovecot] SSD drives are really fast running Dovecot

Matt lm7812 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 21:15:07 EET 2011

> I just replaced my drives for Dovecot using Maildir format with a pair of
> Solid State Drives (SSD) in a raid 0 configuration. It's really really fast.
> Kind of expensive but it's like getting 20x the speed for 20x the price. I
> think the big gain is in the 0 seek time.

I thought about doing this on my email server since its troubles are
mostly disk I/O saturation but I was concerned about reliability.
Have heard that after so many read/writes SSD will go bad.  There are
an awful lot of read/writes on an email server.

I will be interested to hear how it stands up for you.