[Dovecot] v2.0.9 released

Holger Mauermann holger at mauermann.org
Fri Jan 14 15:07:34 EET 2011

Am 14.01.2011 12:35, schrieb Mark Alan:
> Ubuntu (Debian based) server < http://www.ubuntu.com/server >
>
> Main distro has Dovecot 1.2.12, but there are ppa's (a kind of user
> maintained, but publicly available repository) with the latest Dovecot
> (currently 2.0.9).
>
> To install Dovecot 2.0.9, using Mauermann's ppa, you just execute:
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mauermann/testing
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install dovecot-imapd dovecot-pop3d

Nice to hear that some people other than me are using my PPA :-)
But I recommend using my main "stable" PPA:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mauermann/ppa

However, above steps currently only work for Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick. The
packages should work in Lucid and Natty too (feedback welcome), but you
may have to manually edit /etc/apt/sources.list (or
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mauermann-xx-yy.list)

Holger