[Dovecot] Time jumped forwards

Ian B porjo38 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 14 16:14:40 EET 2011

On Fri Jan 14 07:23:32 EET 2011, Eric Shubert wrote:
>See
>http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1006427&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&dialogID=23956052&stateId=1%200%2023952415
>

>In particular, see NTP Recommendations and VMware Tools bits at the bottom.

Thanks, I've read through that document a couple of times now & I'm fairly sure my system 'ticks all the boxes' yet the warning messages continues.

I can see no noticeable time discrepancy when I do periodic time checks from the command line comparing against another system's clock - certainly not 2 minute error margin

Could this be a time mismatch between imap client & server?

Ian.