[Dovecot] Imap V4 rev.1 support

Jerrale G jerralegayle at sheltoncomputers.com
Mon Jan 17 17:53:31 EET 2011

On 1/17/2011 6:42 AM, Pascal Volk wrote:
> On 01/17/2011 12:35 PM Antonio Manogué wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm running dovecot 1.0.rc7 in a RHEL.
>>
>> I need to know if this version supports IMAPV4 rev1 and IDLE for a new
>> project.
>
> Why using an old Dovecot version for a new project?
> Two times yes to answer your questions. See also:
>
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/DovecotFeatures
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.0/file/tip/README
>                               ^^^^
>

> Regards,
> Pascal
As pascal said, YES, as of version 2.0.1 or so, the IDLE was introduced
into Dovecot. Timo and the other Developers are very strict at staying
RFC compliant, the whitepapers defining any protocol and network
communication standards.

If something is noted in the RFC's,, relating to Dovecot in anyway, they
update Dovecot to adhere to it.

Jerrale G.
SC Senior Admin