[Dovecot] Imap V4 rev.1 support

Noel J noeldude at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:44:30 EET 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Jerrale G
<jerralegayle at sheltoncomputers.com> wrote:
> On 1/17/2011 6:42 AM, Pascal Volk wrote:
>>
>> On 01/17/2011 12:35 PM Antonio Manogué wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I'm running dovecot 1.0.rc7 in a RHEL.
>>>
>>> I need to know if this version supports IMAPV4 rev1 and IDLE for a new
>>> project.
>>
>> Why using an old Dovecot version for a new project?
>> Two times yes to answer your questions. See also:
>>
>> http://wiki.dovecot.org/DovecotFeatures
>> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.0/file/tip/README
>>                              ^^^^
>>

>> Regards,
>> Pascal
>
> As pascal said, YES, as of version 2.0.1 or so, the IDLE was introduced into
> Dovecot. Timo and the other Developers are very strict at staying RFC
> compliant, the whitepapers defining any protocol and network communication
> standards.
>
> If something is noted in the RFC's,, relating to Dovecot in anyway, they
> update Dovecot to adhere to it.
>

> Jerrale G.
> SC Senior Admin

IDLE is supported in dovecot 1.0, however, I would strongly recommend
not using any of the 1.0.rcN versions in production as they had
numerous bugs.

Since you need to upgrade, get the newest 1.2.16 for a reliable
well-tested version, or get 2.0.9 for extended features.

  -- Noel Jones