[Dovecot] Delivered-To header without +extension ?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Jan 20 11:06:55 EET 2011

Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Am 20.01.2011 09:41, schrieb Per Jessen:
>> Tom Hendrikx wrote:

>> Hmm, it's can't be only pipe() - if I revert to regular virtual
>> delivery to maildir (instead of lmtp to dovecot), I get the
>> X-Original-To header, and that involves no pipe().
>>
>>> and is only available when delivering to a single recipient
>>> (<transport>_destination_recipient_limit = 1).
>>
>> I'll try that.
>>

>> /Per Jessen, Zürich
>>

> if have no idea if this help , but its easy to try, after all you
> loose performance with lmtp if you set 1 here
>
> lmtp_destination_recipient_limit (default:
> $default_destination_recipient_limit)

Hi Robert

yes, I've just tried that, but it made no difference.  I've been reading
a bit, and I think the issue is that postfix adds X-Original-To when
delivering to a mailbox - which delivery via smtp/lmtp isn't.

I'm not sure if postfix should be adding it - postfix applies
virtual_aliases_maps, then delivers to dovecot via lmtp (set up via
virtual_transport) - without X-Original-To, the information
of "original recipient" is lost at this point.

/Per Jessen, Zürich