[Dovecot] Duplicate messages when moving message to inbox

franc walter francwalter at gmx.de
Mon Jan 31 12:36:23 EET 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:04:07 -0800 Ron Garret wrote:

> I am encountering a strange problem but I'm not sure if it's a dovecot problem or a Mac Mail problem.  The symptom is that if I move a message from a folder into my inbox the message ends up showing up as a duplicate in Mac Mail.  On the server it's still just one message.

Ron,
i just tried to repeat this on my Mac (OS 10.6.6) Mail 4.4 (1082) but i have
only one mail not a duplicate.
Maybe i misunderstood, but that is what i did: i moved with webmail
(squirrelmail) an email from the SENT-Folder to the INBOX and rechecked
mails on my mac. I get then just this newly moved mail, but not two of them.
If i move it back to the SENT Folder, shortly after, it disappears in Mac
Mail like it should.

I guess this is most likely a bug or misconfiguration in Mac Mail. This mail
client is really not perfect ;-)

Regards, franc walter