[Dovecot] Exim and Dovecot2 SASL: 435 Unable to authenticate at present

Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik ruskie at codemages.net
Mon Jul 4 13:38:01 EEST 2011

:2011-06-28T21:38:Sergey Urushkin:

> Hi. I had working Exim 4.71 and Dovecot 1.2.9 SASL configuration on Ubuntu
> Lucid, but needed some features from dovecot2, so I installed 2.0.13 from
> https://launchpad.net/~carsten-uppenbrink-net/+archive/dovecot2 . Now I get
> Subj error while trying to authenticate via dovecot auth-client socket.
> However IMAP auth works fine with 2.0.13 and smtp auth worked fine until
> upgrade, so I think there is something wrong with dovecot2.
>
> Dovecot logs stay empty even with auth_debug*, just one string "auth: Debug:
> And if it's needed I can build dovecot myself to ensure that ppa-build isn't
> guilty. Or debug some another way.

If this is still relevant.

This has been fixed in a later than 4.71 exim - specifically
4.72(current version is 4.76) so just upgrade and it will work.

Regards
--
Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik
Source Mage GNU/Linux Games/Xorg grimoire guru

Don't forget: the future is now. It's just not widely distributed yet.