[Dovecot] Public Mailbox & ACLs

Udo Lembke udo.lembke at albertbauer.com
Wed Jul 6 17:04:56 EEST 2011

Hi Tom,

Am 06.07.2011 14:38, schrieb Tom Clark:
> Hi Udo,
>
> My folders are public mailboxes rather than shared. Why don't you copy your
> namespace and dovecot-acl files here and we'll have a look at them?
i like to do so - and during copy/paste i found the issue!!

Jul 06 15:06:41 imap(test4 at example.org): Debug: acl vfile: reading file
/var/data/public/kunde_2/dovecot-acl
Jul 06 15:06:41 imap(test4 at example.org): Debug: acl vfile: reading file
/var/data/archiv/example.org/test4/public/kunde_2/dovecot-acl
Jul 06 15:06:41 imap(test4 at example.org): Debug: acl: No lookup right to
mailbox: public/kunde_2

This came throug one link ( /var/data/archiv/example.org/test4/public ->
/var/data/public )
I removed the link and now i can't see the public-folders below the
users archiv-area. But below the public-namespace the ACLs now working!!

BTW. i think also with links should ACLs working.

Thanks.

Udo