[Dovecot] Sieve scripts not run

Veikko "Wexi" Skurnik wexi at wexin.net
Thu Jul 7 11:30:31 EEST 2011

    Hi

I have a dovecot/postfix mail server with virtual user and LDAP
authentication but for some reason the sieve scripts in user's maildirs
are not run. Here's my dovecot -n:

# 2.0.13: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.38-8-server x86_64 Ubuntu 11.04
auth_debug_passwords = yes
auth_mechanisms = plain login
auth_username_format = %Ln
auth_verbose = yes
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
first_valid_gid = 120
first_valid_uid = 111
hostname = mail.websovellukset.fi
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
login_greeting = Omnibyte Dovecot ready.
mail_debug = yes
mail_gid = vmail
mail_location = /var/vmail/%n
mail_uid = vmail
maildir_stat_dirs = yes
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date
passdb {
  args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
}
plugin {
  mail_log_events = delete undelete expunge copy mailbox_delete
mailbox_rename
  mail_log_fields = uid box msgid size
  quota = maildir:User quota
  quota_rule = *:storage=2G
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+200M
  sieve = /var/vmail/%n/dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = /var/vmail/%n/sieve
}
postmaster_address = postmaster at websovellukset.fi
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp sieve
service auth {
    mode = 0666
  }
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0600
    user = postfix
  }
  user = $default_internal_user
}
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imap {
    port = 143
  }
  inet_listener imaps {
    port = 993
    ssl = yes
  }
  process_min_avail = 0
  service_count = 1
}
service imap {
  process_limit = 1024
  vsz_limit = 256 M
}
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    port = 4190
  }
  process_min_avail = 0
  service_count = 1
  vsz_limit = 64 M
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/websovellukset.crt
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/websovellukset.key
ssl_key_password = 0mn1p4ssu
userdb {
  args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap-userdb.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
}
protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = " sieve"
}
protocol imap {
  imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail tb-extra-mailbox-sep tb-lsub-flags
  imap_id_log = *
  imap_id_send = *
  imap_idle_notify_interval = 2 mins
  imap_logout_format = bytes=%i/%o
  imap_max_line_length = 64 k
  mail_max_userip_connections = 10
  mail_plugins =
}
protocol sieve {
  mail_max_userip_connections = 10
  managesieve_implementation_string = Dovecot Pigeonhole
  managesieve_logout_format = bytes=%i/%o
  managesieve_max_line_length = 65536
}

I can telnet to the Managesieve server and it also works with Roundcube
but whatever the sieve script contains, nothing happens. I've also
looked into the logs but cannot find any errors related to this...

TIA
Wexi

--
* Veikko "Wexi" Skurnik: +358(44)5288338  *
* wexi at wexin.net Wexi at IRCNet wexi79 at skype *