[Dovecot] Sieve scripts not run

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Jul 7 11:40:28 EEST 2011

Op 7-7-2011 10:30, Veikko "Wexi" Skurnik schreef:
> I have a dovecot/postfix mail server with virtual user and LDAP
> authentication but for some reason the sieve scripts in user's maildirs
> are not run. Here's my dovecot -n:
[...]
> I can telnet to the Managesieve server and it also works with Roundcube
> but whatever the sieve script contains, nothing happens. I've also
> looked into the logs but cannot find any errors related to this...

Are you using the Dovecot LDA or LMTP? Without one of those, Sieve
scripts will not be applied.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LMTP (you are at least running this one, but
does postfix use it?)

If you are using LMTP, your config indicates that you have not enabled
the sieve plugin for it. Then this is missing:

protocol lmtp {
   mail_plugins = "sieve"
}

Regards,