[Dovecot] drac plugin "net_ip2addr() failed: Operation not permitted"

Michael Moritz mimo at gn.apc.org
Mon Jul 11 15:05:02 EEST 2011

Hi, I'm trying to get the drac plugin working (again) but I'm stuck with the following message:

Restarting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecotEDRAC: net_ip2addr() failed: Operation not permitted

This is on a Debian Squeeze box, dovecot version 1.2.15-7, drac version 1.12

Looking at the source it should print the IP in the brackets of net_ip2addr. The fact that it's just empty made me think that I may need to set an environment variable. I tried IP="127.0.0.1" in /etc/default/dovecot and as export but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

mimo