[Dovecot] dsync and compressed folders

Giulio Casella giulio at dsi.unimi.it
Mon Jul 11 10:17:12 EEST 2011

I'm trying to migrate my old dovecot server (mbox based) to a new one (maildir
based), both are version 2.0.13.
I'm using dsync:

oldserver# dsync -u username backup ssh root at newserver dsync -u username

Everything is working like a charm but when it tries to convert compressed
folder I got an error:

dsync-local(username): Error: Failed to sync mailbox OldMails/2008.gz: Mailbox
isn't a valid mbox file.

Both old and new installations support compressed folder via zlib plugin.

If I'm not wrong dsync doesn't support compressed folder, does it?

And, if so, are there any chances to have dsync support gzip'ed folders in the
(near) future?

Many thanks in advance,
gc

Giulio Casella                                         giulio at dsi.unimi.it
System and network manager
Computer Science Dept. - University of Milano