[Dovecot] ImapTest and QRESYNC testing

Norman Maurer norman.maurer at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 15 22:34:13 EEST 2011

Hi there,

I'm currently working on adding QRESYNC support for
james.apache.org/imap (which is a JAVA - based imapserver). For
testing I'm currently using ImapTest but I'm currently not really sure
it really reflect the RFC.

Here are the "problems" I see:
* It expect to have the UID param in the FETCH Response if QRESYNC was
enabled (I was not able to spot the section were it is stated in the
rfc)
* EXPUNGE command seems to expect EXPUNGE Responses if QRESYNC was
enabled, but from the RFC I think VANISHED is valid also.

It even seems to fail when testing again dovecot..

So how much can I trust it when testing QRESYNC ?

Thanks,
Norman

Ps: I'm not good a C at all, so its hard for me to provide patches ;)