[Dovecot] ACL/shared-folder and Thunderbird

Christian Roessner c at g33k5.de
Sun Jul 17 15:54:00 EEST 2011

Hi,

I still have some problems with thunderbird and Dovecot. I added
ACL/shared-folders to dovecot. While everything is working perfectly
under Apple Mail and roundcube, thunderbird behaves very strange.

What I did:

1. Step
I have three mail accounts set up in thunderbird. In the second and
third account I managed IMAL-ACLs on the INBOXes, with following flags:

eilrwtsd

2. Step
At the first account, I chose IMAP subscriptions and I added both
INBOXes (shared/.../INBOX)

3. Step
Accounts were shown under shared. The folder shared and one level under
shared was wriiten in italic. The INBOXes were shown as regular.

4. Step
Clicking on each INBOX showed the mails. I chose properties and selected
to compress each folder, if it shows more than 100 mails.

5. Step
Closing Thunderbird and restarting it. Now thunderbird shows error
notifications that it could noct find a mailbox named shared/shared and
that mailboxes shared/system at service.intern and
shared/de1001 at service.intern would not exist. The folders shared and the
level beyond now is shown as regular folder. I still can see the mails
form the INBOXes. But each time I reopen Thunderbird, I get the same
error messages.

This is, what dovecot is logging:

Jul 17 14:38:51 mx0 dovecot: auth: ldap(shared at roessner-net.de): unknown
user
Jul 17 14:38:51 mx0 dovecot: imap(de10000 at service.intern): Error:
Couldn't create namespace 'shared/' for user shared: userdb didn't
return a home directory, but plugin setting quota used it (%h):
dict:User quota::file:%h/mdbox/dovecot-quota
Jul 17 14:40:51 mx0 dovecot: imap(de10000 at service.intern): Error:
Jul 17 14:42:49 mx0 dovecot: imap(de10000 at service.intern): Error:
Couldn't create namespace 'shared/' for user shared: userdb didn't
return a home directory, but plugin setting quota used it (%h):
dict:User quota::file:%h/mdbox/dovecot-quota

doveadm config -n

# 2.0.13: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-33-generic-pae i686 Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS
auth_cache_size = 10 M
auth_default_realm = roessner-net.de
auth_master_user_separator = *
auth_mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 cram-md5 ntlm
auth_realms = roessner-net.de
auth_verbose = yes
lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes
lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes
mail_access_groups = vmail
mail_gid = vmail
mail_location = mdbox:~/mdbox
mail_plugins = quota
mail_privileged_group = mail
mail_uid = vmail
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex
imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date
namespace {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  prefix =
  separator = /
}
namespace {
  list = children
  location = mdbox:%%h/mdbox:INDEX=~/mdbox/shared/%%u
  prefix = shared/%%u/
  separator = /
  subscriptions = no
  type = shared
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/master-users
  driver = passwd-file
  master = yes
  pass = yes
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
}
plugin {
  acl = vfile
  acl_shared_dict = file:/var/mail/virtual/shared-mailboxes
  quota = dict:User quota::file:%h/mdbox/dovecot-quota
  quota_rule = *:storage=300M:messages=20000
  quota_warning = storage=95%% quota-warning 95 %u
  quota_warning2 = storage=80%% quota-warning 80 %u
  recipient_delimiter = +
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/sieve
  sieve_extensions = -reject
}
postmaster_address = postmaster at mx0.roessner-net.de
protocols = imap pop3 sieve lmtp
service auth-worker {
  unix_listener auth-worker {
    user = vmail
  }
  user = vmail
}
service auth {
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = vmail
    mode = 0660
  }
  user = vmail
}
service imap-login {
  service_count = 0
  vsz_limit = 64 M
}
service lmtp {
  inet_listener lmtp {
    address = ::1
    port = 24
  }
}
service managesieve-login {
  service_count = 0
}
service quota-warning {
  executable = script /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh
  unix_listener quota-warning {
    user = vmail
  }
  user = dovecot
}
ssl_cert = </ca/mail.roessner-net.de/newcert.pem
ssl_key = </ca/mail.roessner-net.de/newkey.pem
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext
  driver = ldap
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
protocol lmtp {
  mail_plugins = quota sieve
}
protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = quota sieve acl
}
protocol imap {
  imap_client_workarounds = tb-extra-mailbox-sep
  mail_max_userip_connections = 50
  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota acl imap_acl
}

Sorry to bother you once again with dovecot/thunderbird questions. It
all began by switching from maildir to mdbox (which I wanted to test for
shared file systems in the future...)

Thunderbird 3.1.11 (Ubuntu Natty version)

Best wishes and many thanks in advance

Christian
--
Roessner-Network-Solutions