[Dovecot] quota-warning.sh not working (lda problem?)

Thomas Krause toaster at chef-ingenieur.de
Mon Jul 18 22:12:22 EEST 2011

Hi,
I setup a new mailserver with dovecot 2.0.12. Everything is working
fine (including quota) - except of sending quota warning mails.

When running
/usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh 95 user at domain.de
manually as root or user vmail, the mail is delivered.

content of /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh

#!/bin/sh
PERCENT=$1
USER=$2
logger -p mail.info "$PERCENT% Quota-warning sent to $USER"
cat << EOF | /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d $USER -o
"plugin/quota=maildir:User quota:noenforcing"