[Dovecot] dovecot and tcpwrappers

Kees Lemmens C.W.J.Lemmens at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Jul 27 16:12:53 EEST 2011

Hi Timo,others,

Adding login_access_sockets = tcpwrap wasn't enough : I also had to
recompile dovecot 2.0.13 with the --with-libwrap option. Then linking
failed as it didn't link with libnsl.so but that was easily fixed.

However, if I try to connect now with tcpwrap switched on I still have a
problem. It doesn't connect and shows the following error message :

tail /var/log/dovecot.log
Jul 27 15:05:42 auth: Debug: Loading modules from directory:
/opt64/dovecot-2.0.13/lib/dovecot/auth
Jul 27 15:05:44 auth: Debug: auth client connected (pid=20071)
Jul 27 15:05:44 imap-login: Error: connect(tcpwrap) failed: No such file or
directory

Any idea what I might have forgotten ?

Thanks a lot for the response !

regards,